Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #155 (permalink)
Penzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unxetas View Post
Haha..

Anyone been to Mt. Baker? Ever? Heard they were open and had a ton of fresh snow, trying to convince the girlfriend to head down this weekend.. Is it gonna be packed to the point of not being worth the trip?

Also, is it noob friendly?
I hit baker for the first time last year, this season I'm planning to head there lots. It's an amazing mountain. They have a lift called Canucks Express, what more do you need to know?

Given you're posting this thread I assume you live in Van, so you're used to how busy our local mountains and Whis get. Compared to those, Baker is practically abandoned. The day I went there in March last year was epic pow going straight onto the lifts or having minimal wait. Most of the people I know who go to Baker say it is because the lines are shorter. Theres no village, resort or nightlife around baker, theres no reason to go there other than to play in the snow, so it doesn't get as busy as our local mountains do.

As for noob friendliness, maybe average?
Penzer is offline   Reply With Quote