Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Full Face Helmet?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
christoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
DH mtb is full-face helmet worthy and worthy of how ever many pads a person can fit onto themselves. Wearing a full face helmet for snowboarding is what a complete pussy would do on their most effeminate day.
whatever Rambo...

I wear a spine protector and a neck brace nowdays...that make me a pussy as well?

after boarding for well over 25 years (I had to make my first board as back then nobody sold them) I've landed hard and fast too often and now have a weak spot in my upper spine.
So its a ski helmet and a neck brace or no more boarding...I'm not prepared to give away my sport but sure ain't ready for a wheelchair

And what I wear is after considerable discussion and analysis with a top neurosurgen who deals with sports trauma and I bet he knows a lot more about sustaining head and spine injuries than most of the armchair experts posting shit like the stuff I read here.

Wear whatever you want and if people don't like it they better learn to live with it...
christoff is offline   Reply With Quote