Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help me pick a NeverSummer board!
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
I know its bad of me..

anyway, explain the cobra to me neversummer's site shows it as more of an all mountain board...wouldnt I want the heritage before the cobra?
Ok, so I have only ridden the Evo, Proto, and SL. I'm am told by the people at Never Summer (I called/emailed them) them that the Cobra is almost the same stiffness as the SL (slightly stiffer between the binding... which is good because I felt my SL was just a tiny bit too soft between the bindings for freeriding). The Cobra also has a different shaped nose/tail (more directional) to give it better float in powder, better performance through chunky snow than a directional twin like the SL.

The Heritage I'm is stiffer than the SL (based on the charts on their website), and much more damp than the SL.... but generally the same shape. I wonder if you are ready to handle the stiffer flex.

Since you only ride 25% park, that's why I think the Cobra would work for you as you aren't riding switch that much (less than 50% of the time) and the Cobra will be more playful.

It's really about matching what you like to do and your abilities with what each board is designed to do.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote