Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - need some nike boot help??
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Nearly the entire snowboard market disagrees with you, so....
I couldn't caer less what the "entire snowboard market" agrees or disagrees with haha, I like traditional laces. The only reason there are so many speed lacing systems out there, is because they're easy to sell and people are lazy. Our entire women's boot line is BOA, since girls love them and they're such an easy sell to beginner/intermediate riders. The only boot womens boot we have that isn't a speed lacing system is the women's Vapen, and it's one of the most popular boots. Same thing with men, the traditional laced Lashed and the Nike boots are our best selling boots. What was the statistic again, 95% of people who snowboard go between 5-10 days in a year. Of course people like that are going to enjoy BOA/Fasttrack/Speedzone, and I can see why.

I, for one, am glad Nike makes a high end boot that still adheres to a traditional lacing system. It's one major factor in why I choose to ride them.
I broke a pair of BOA bindings on a wakeboard when they first came out, and will never ever ride a pair of boots with them for that reason. I was never a fan of Speedzone, and can lace up my boots just as fast, so found no reason to switch. Have fun that day your BOA or SZ laces break, and your day is shot. I can go into the pro shop and buy $5 B Bomber laces and be back on the hill in 10 minutes.

But ya, fuck paying $300-400 a boot and being forced into some stupid lacing system. Obviously there's a market demand for it, or Nike wouldn't be doing so well. I guess the market does agree with me..