Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin or Michigan?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #53 (permalink)
huckit

Location: Northern MI (the snow is continually sucking up here)

Hey, sorry I'm late to the party. Since you're going to the Boyne's, I definitely recommend going the highlands for a day at least. The runs at the highlands vary, and you'll get a few steep runs, as well as some longer, mellow runs. The highlands have a decent park (not as good as nubs nob, IMO) but it usually isn't open until right around christmas. Heck, I don't think it was open till two weeks into January last year... The highlands have some mild glades, and if you're looking to get away from people (depending on what time of the year you go, you might have to wait for up to 20 min at the lifts, at both the Mountain and the Highlands) head to what they call the "south side." Usually there aren't very many people there, and some of those runs are pretty fun. For lodging, the mountain is better. Both places have decent resturants and bars, but depending on the time, they may be filled with packers cheeseheads and people wearing wool pants. Also, Avalanche Bay, the indoor water park at Boyne Mountain, is a fun place to hang for a half day.

Hope this helped, I know I just repeated some of what was already said.

I live about 20 min from the Highlands.
Have fun man!
huckit is offline   Reply With Quote