Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lib Tech TRS...Which size for me?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
Thom

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Holy fuck it's only an inch! I went from a 153 FS to a 159 FR oriented board with a wider stance width, and it only took a couple runs to get used to the difference. You're talking about 3 cm on identical boards!

In all seriousness if you're on hardpack/ice a lot you want more effective edge to dig in. You're the same height as me so no reason you could swing a 154 around. Don't be a pussy.

And why is that?
Yeah I guess you're right. Like I said, I'm probably overthinking this, and overrating the minor differences in length/flex/etc.

But it works both ways too I guess. Meaning I might as well get the 151 and get used to having an inch less effective edge and go with the shorter 151, right? Which brings me to the answer of your other question about why libtechs can supposedly be ridden slightly shorter. I think the 'banana tech C2 BTX' technology is supposed to deliver more grip than a 'regular' longer board. One of the reasons why I'm mainly looking at the Libtechs in the first place.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote