Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Full Face Helmet?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
Like I said and then quoted myself saying.. I don't wear one, but people shouldn't be ridiculed for wanting to. Some of us have careers that we can't go into work to with scabs and scratches all over our face too... It's obvious there's a lot of children giving advice here.
I'm not going to ridicule someone for it. But personally, I think it's unnecessary. My perspective is my reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardWalk View Post
Yeah, I'm sure he's the only guy, and nobody has every smoked their face on a park feature. I can see where it would be added safety I've caught a few stray branches. If the OP wants a fullface he should get a fullface.
You mistake this post for being against OP for wanting a full face helmet. It was more against the insinuation that a couple of people seriously injuring themselves should justify making everyone increase their protection.

It's this kind of talk that takes the "extreme" out of extreme sports. Life was a lot more fun before health and safety. A sensible amount of safety - go for it. But in my opinion, there is such thing as being excessive. You can't live in a bubble, especially when doing a notoriously dangerous sport. If you want to freak out over protection in snowboarding, there are more important places to protect than your face.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote