Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Full Face Helmet?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #54 (permalink)
StreetDoc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I'm not going to ridicule someone for it. But personally, I think it's unnecessary. My perspective is my reality.

You mistake this post for being against OP for wanting a full face helmet. It was more against the insinuation that a couple of people seriously injuring themselves should justify making everyone increase their protection.

It's this kind of talk that takes the "extreme" out of extreme sports. Life was a lot more fun before health and safety. A sensible amount of safety - go for it. But in my opinion, there is such thing as being excessive. You can't live in a bubble, especially when doing a notoriously dangerous sport. If you want to freak out over protection in snowboarding, there are more important places to protect than your face.
I think you're confusing fun with youth and ignorance. As you grow priorities change. I never said everyone should wear a fullface. I've been snowboarding for 15+ years, when I started nobody wore helmets.

Last edited by StreetDoc; 11-23-2012 at 12:23 PM.
StreetDoc is offline   Reply With Quote