Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Early Release Burton X-Base -Well, this sucks.
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
deminimis

Ha ha! That's just not going to happen. Skied until I bought a K2 Gyrator with Sims bindings at Rim Rock Mall in Billings, MT in 1988. Went to Bridger Bowl the following day and right up their highest run (used to have to take two lifts to get up there). Spent most of that day getting down (a few feet-catch an edge, a few feet and catch an edge). Hated boarding and if I was not already the less-than-proud owner of a board, that might have been the end of it. The next morning, we were greeted with a lot of fresh pow. Skied in the AM and decided to give the board another try after lunch. First run in the pow and it clicked and I never skied again. Seriously, never once skied after I figured out how to board. Sold all my ski gear off and never looked back.

Well, anyway, found my receipt for the bindings. We'll see if Burton sends me a new back or if I have to buy one. I do agree with SL that these are just too thin. I could probably make a low-rent repair to it if need be, but I'll wait until I hear back from The Big B.

I am liking this new Custom Flying V Wide. Whole lotta board. Although very limited use thus far, it's the first board I have really liked since my old Aggression 172. I have pretty much the same channel setup on my wakeboard and I do like that feature.
deminimis is offline   Reply With Quote