Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advanced female - what board?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #36 (permalink)
silverwhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Methinks you should change your name. When I read "silverwhale" I pictured this:

Not a 21 yo 120 lb girl... lol Hey are you going with Ryerson to Jay Peak? I grew up in Southern Ontario went with them a bunch of times it was good shit. That said, I also have a good idea of the crap you have to ride on most of the time.

For Ontario hardpack I felt a world of difference going to a stiffer, longer, cambered board. But Vermont and Utah should have some powder for you to play in...

One other board to consider:

Völkl International | Snowboards | *Yavana

It's available in a 146 but unfortunately I haven't found any reviews for it with just a quick search.

My last piece of advice is to not be scared to go a little longer. If you're freeriding almost all the time, you shouldn't notice any real negative effects to a longer board, but your high speed stability will really improve.
lol no I don't look quite like that. I just think whales are cool. The animal kind at least.

Like Ryerson university? I don't go there, so no I guess? lol

And yeah, the only board I'm not sure about size for is the Rome Gold - I was thinking the 147, but according to their size chart I'm at the 151 ... which seems big, especially for the glades. But stability is also important. Thanks for the tip!
silverwhale is offline   Reply With Quote