Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advanced female - what board?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #36 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhale View Post
It lists the 147 for 80-120 lbs and 151 for 95-135. I'm under 120 lbs, but that doesn't leave me much room to eat extra desserts at Christmas or anything lol. I'm in the middle of the 151 weight range, but that just seems a lot longer than anything else I was looking at. Do you think I'm fine going with the 147?
I honestly think you'd be fine on either one. Advanced riders can handle the extra length no problem. Any negatives you'd notice in tight turns would contrast with positives during freeride/carving.

Tough to say, for Vermont and Utah I'd want the extra length. For bombing Blue mountain I'd want the extra length. Only time I'd want a shorter board would be a park board or if I was getting something specifically for tight tree riding.

The weight ranges are just a guide, but I prefer to be in the centre of a range as opposed to either end. Especially if you're trying to get a board to step it up a notch. Also are you a fit 120 or just a small person? lol If you're fit for your weight you could go with a longer board.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote