Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advanced female - what board?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #37 (permalink)
silverwhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I honestly think you'd be fine on either one. Advanced riders can handle the extra length no problem. Any negatives you'd notice in tight turns would contrast with positives during freeride/carving.

Tough to say, for Vermont and Utah I'd want the extra length. For bombing Blue mountain I'd want the extra length. Only time I'd want a shorter board would be a park board or if I was getting something specifically for tight tree riding.

The weight ranges are just a guide, but I prefer to be in the centre of a range as opposed to either end. Especially if you're trying to get a board to step it up a notch. Also are you a fit 120 or just a small person? lol If you're fit for your weight you could go with a longer board.
No I'm fairly athletic/fit. I do like glades though. Not park. I would get the 147 for sure cause that's what I have except for that size chart ... maybe I'll contact someone from the company and ask why the sizes seem to be different from other boards I've looked at.

I'm not sure "bombing" and "Blue Mountain" belong in a sentence together :P If I try to actually get going, some out-of-control beginner (who shouldn't be going down a diamond in the first place) cuts me off. Or it just turns into a "moving obstacle dodging" exercise with real people if you go on a busy day lol.
silverwhale is offline   Reply With Quote