Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best affordable 'twin rocker' board?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thom

Default Best affordable 'twin rocker' board?

Affordable = not Never Summer or Libtech. I came to the conclusing that the boards I was lusting for are out of my league, probably both in terms of skill level as in terms of $$$.

Here's what I came up with so far, all boards that are available in a local-ish webshop:

Drake DF2: Haven't found too many reviews or tests yet.
Nitro Subzero Hotwing: Came across a couple really negative reviews of Nitro's 'gulwing' profile.
Forum Youngblood Doubledog: Seems to be more park oriented, not sure if's perfect for hardpack/pow.
Smokin Superpark CTX: Dito. Maybe dispite the name it'll hold it's own all across the mountain?
Forum Destroyer Doubledog: Don't see much difference with the youngblood
Apo MTD: It's supposed to be an allmountain freestyle board, but it only gets a 5 and a 6 on Apo's own carving and powder scale.

Experiences and opinionins would be very much appreciated, as well as other suggestions.

I'm mainly after an all mountain freestyle board, not just a park/jib stick. Preferably a true twin, but that's not a must. Light weight, flexible, but still something I can depend on in pow and mainly hardpack and icy groomers, where I'll spend most of my time. Basicaly something like the NS SL or Libtech TRS, only a lot less pricey

Thanks a lot, and srry about the semi cross post
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote