Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why get custom insoles?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Slush Puppie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
how much were those sass? how bout yours slush? EDIT: what is that in US dollars?
About $110 at todays rate.

I agree that people could get cheaper options to work for them - but how many could you try before you've hit the same cost as customs?

I don't know if this brand are available in the US but sounds like you have good alternatives. Though they're widely available in the European resorts I've been to, I got them from Nevada Sports in Tignes.

The guy there Franck has a bit of a cult following (amongst skiers) and is a bit of a character - many stories of him refusing to sell people boots that aren't right for them (even pricier ones).

We got chatting as he fixed my heal lift. He told me "if you come into my shop and want to buy a boot (referring to ski boots), I will find you one. It will only fit once it's been heat moulded, so we will do that and you must trust me. We do it this way, or I am happy to show you to another shop that will sell you any boot you want, it's your choice". He must know what he's doing because he has very happy customers.

My point is, if you're going to spend the cash on this, find a craftsman if you can too. Rather than some Johnny-No-Stars kid.

Last edited by Slush Puppie; 11-24-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Slush Puppie is offline   Reply With Quote