Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best affordable 'twin rocker' board?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
JoeBuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Adding the Gnu carbon credit to the list, thanks. Cheapest of the bunch, especially out of the ones with some sort of fancy technology

Found a webshop that has a 153 carbon credit for 252Euro, which to european standards -trust me- is a steal. I wasn't too sure at first when I read about the 'nearly flat camber' area on the outsides, but since the next best thing would easily cost me 150 more, I can't afford NOT to take this deal in serious consideration. I think it's supposed to be an entry level board though, right? Nothing wrong with that, but in all honesty, I don't consider myself a novice, and I plan on hanging on to this board for as long as possible...So it might make more sense not to be a cheapskate and to spend a little more on something that's supposed to be an advanced/expert board. What is it exactly that makes the carbon credit a beginners deck though? A lot of noob questions, I know. It's the first time I have to worry about this, I'm totally clueless when it comes to equipment.

Anyone know where I can find a drawing/pic/whatever that shows exactly what the profile of the Carbon copy looks like? Like which lib tech board has the same shape? Thanks.
As for it being ice friendly it comes with the Magnetraction which for lack of a better analogy acts as a serrated knife that cuts into the ice. The Carbon Credit is an "All Mountain" board no doubt about it. I am just getting back into boarding after a 13 year hiatus and have done a ton of research (things have changed soooooooo much). I am sure others will/can chime in as well.

My personal bias is to really look into the Carbon Credit. For the price point and all the tech you recevie it is hard to beat, hence why I picked up my 156 yesterday.

Last edited by JoeBuer; 11-24-2012 at 05:03 PM.
JoeBuer is offline   Reply With Quote