Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - need some nike boot help??
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #39 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3 Mammoth View Post
Retail stories like this always interest me. I truly beleive that it has nothing to do with what you actually say to the customer, more about body language when showing different boots. At our shop we have had the exact opposite results with some pretty crazy results from a retail standpoint. For the last 2 seasons most customers who try on the Kaiju end up in that boot here. To the point of a $350 boot outselling every other boot on the wall by at least double.

Similar to the Flow/Gnu performance at different shops. When you as a salesman believe in a product you approach the whole sale differently in your body language. A shrug of the shoulders or weird facial expression can turn somebody onto or off of a product better than any pre-rehearsed sales speech every time.

Nike is our all time best received and best selling boot brand, for our customers. The management team here has all been riding them for a few season now and have each put over a hundred days of hard riding on their boots.
And yup, agree with this.

I sell the most Nike boots, by far, than any other boot on the shelf. Why? Because I push the product. If the boot doesn't fit, it doesn't fit, but you can generally sway a person's opinion one way or another on similar products by hyping up one or the other.