Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - If you can ride on the East Coast you can Ride anywhere...
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
binarypie
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyisnowhere View Post
thank man but I am beginning to feel like everyone is saying this because we are stuck here and it kinda makes us feel better about ice skateboarding...I mean snowboarding.

I hope to make a trip out west soon. I think I just need to experience it.
There are nuances in the skill sets you'll naturally pickup while learning to ride on a specific type of terrain. ice, powder, parks, streets, pipes, etc...

I grew up in Vermont. Smuggs, Stowe, Jay, and Bolton where my places. I did a few trips to NH (Loon), Canada (Mt. St. Louie, Horseshoe) and CO (Vail, Brek, and Copper).

Later in life I lived in Oregon and rode Mt. Hood. That was my first taste of deeper snow on a regular basis.

Now, I ride Kirkwood in Tahoe and I've never seen so much snow (not counting last year. ugh.).

** they say they have ice out here but they really mean hard packed snow. **

From all of this experience I can tell you that my ice-coast heritage only taught me that falling hurts and not to do that. That's it. I'm just slightly more confident on shitty snow conditions than others who grew up here.

However, skill overcomes any sort of perceived advantage in the end.
In Vermont authenticity is all, they do not try to keep it real, they are real.
binarypie is offline   Reply With Quote