Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Going to Tahoe, Pointers?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #29 (permalink)
waterryder

My 2 cents on a few SLT Resorts...

Kirkwood-absoultley epic on a POW day, but you gotta leave early in the am as the roads will get shut down even though they are clear the area is an avalanche area

Heavenly-sure why not ride it especially because of the ease of access....i mean who wouldnt want to drink all day on the mountain and then walk back or blue line it......if you know the area on a POW day check out firebreak, gotta ask a local they can direct you......

Sierra-fun resort, but i save my sierra days for when the other resorts go on a wind hold sierra sits in a make shift bowl and they rarely seem to go on wind hold.....

If this is your only chance to get to tahoe the week after thanksgiving then take advantage and hit it up, but you will not beable to even begin to ride any of the sick lines that are possible, i would reschedule for a new date and watch the weather, if im not mistaken there is a big set coming in next weds-sun.....
Salomon Malamutes
waterryder is offline   Reply With Quote