Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which Board??
Thread: Which Board??
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
UAEBoarder

Default Which Board??

Hi Everyone,

First post and looking for a little advice. I am getting a new board for the next trip to the Alps and have been doing a lot of research but the difficulty is - I live in the Middle East! so speaking to 'experts' in the shops isnít going to happen (there are none) and even less chance of trying any out. I am a 42 year old 187 cm tall, 210 lbs and have been riding for 7 years, once a year, mainly ride on piste with family (all skiers) and would see myself as a good intermediate. No interest in hitting parks (broken back from years ago!) and little chance of any really good powder as only ride in Europe.
Looking for a good stable board that will allow me to act my age but still have fun on the groomers, stable at speed (yes us old farts still like a bit of adrenalin ). For the last 5 years I have been using a Burton Custom X. Have narrowed my current search (mainly via internet and these message boards) to TRS Stealth, NS Heritage, Legacy or Raptor. Money not really an issue but don't want to throw it away The problem I have is understanding all the new technology and what would suit me best - being in the desert it is a little tricky to get advice/try any out.
An idea of sizes would also help

Thanks for your help in advance
UAEBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote