Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Foot and Knee Pain
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
SebastianJL

Default Foot and Knee Pain

Hi there,

So being new to the whole snowboarding scene, wasn't really sure what i was looking for when it came to buying my gear at the beginning of the season. I have just a cheap pair of firefly boots on a K2 Vandal binding set now to +15 -15. The problem that i've been having since about my second day riding is that on my front foot (left, riding regular) it feels like its twisting from about the middle of the foot and this is then causing a bit of torque that is causing the knee pain. I'm a 19 going on 20 in a month and never had knee problems. I've played tennis my whole life and from time to time my knee might get the little tweaked for a minute or so but then disappear never to be heard from for a couple of weeks or months. So just wondering what you guys might think as my friends are a little clueless.

I'm planning on riding a lot this season and i was just wondering what might be the issue. Don't have any issues on my back foot and it only seems to occur if i sit on my toe edge or extended periods of time, such as when traversing. The pain in my foot is almost completely relieved when i go to my heel edge. Am i twisting my body causing me to pull my front foot in a weird way? Or is my body just getting used to the whole concept of snowboarding and is not used to having a foot strapped in with a piece of wood underneath it being dragged along, causing the knee torque.

Also would heat forming my shoes help at all? Or maybe trying to loosen my main binding on my left foot a little because now thinking about it, i do have a tendency to really tighten my bindings hard on the mountain. Any help would be awesome guys and much appreciated as a nice long season is what i have in mind.

Seb
SebastianJL is offline   Reply With Quote