Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board decision- leaning Gnu
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
rg21

Default Board decision- leaning Gnu

Hey Guys,

This is my first post. I have been impressed by some of the board reviews, and responses, on this site so I thought I would just ask peoples opinions on which board I should by for the new season.

By way of background, I am 5'11 and 150 pnds and do not need a wide board. I like to get off piste as much as possible whether backcountry or sidecountry, a typical powderhound. I usually access the pow via resorts so this also involves a lot of piste bashing. Currently, I have beaten to death a Unity Pride, which I love, but I am looking for a board that is more stable on hard pack as I was frequently annoyed after a good day up top having such a sketchy time lower down.

Originally, I thought I wanted a more all round board. I had dreams of a true twin to ride switch on and be a little more playful and was thinking the TRS/ Riders choice.

However, I usually ride in St Anton/ Laax/ Davos with a trip to Revy/ Whistler/ Kicking Horse (back home) once a year and have accepted that I need a more directional board. I would like opinions on deciding between the Gnu Billy Goat, The Impossible, or the Jamie Lynn (or anything else- Jones for example). I am leaning Billy Goat as it looks a good combo of pow, speed and responsiveness and if I get that I was hoping for some insight on how I can source one in Zurich and if the 156 is long enough for me (my pride 159 seems long to me).

Many thanks; can't wait to hear your insights.
rg21 is offline   Reply With Quote