Forecast up north right now is good -- 5" in Petoskey (Nub's, Highlands
) and temps plenty cold to blow for extended durations -- although there's that pesky chance of rain this weekend which might delay an opener in that side of the state. Highlands
is boasting 37 consecutive hours of snomaking right now on top of the natural stuff.
I'd say coin-flip odds that Nubs or Highlands opening limited runs all depends on what they can make and on the rain.
Right now, Caberfae
has no rain in the forecast and prime snowmaking weather they've got the best odds to open this weekend, IMO.
in GR doesn't have any rain in the forecast although it's still going to warm up late in the week, they've got potentially only 3 real nights of snowmaking Mon-Wed and with the warm weekend it leads me to believe that even if they can lay down some base they won't be opening this week.
The weekend down around Alpine/MTH/PK/Brighton
looks bunk, warm and possible rain a few days next week so I don't have my fingers crossed for a Mt Holly opener on Saturday but after that the long-term for December looks cold or average cold so after this week hopefully we're in the clear.
Or you could always drive 9 hours to Ski Brule
, they've been open for 2 weeks.
Best bet for this weekend is Caberfae, Highlands, Nubs in that order with a maybe 20% shot at Cannonsburg.