Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 1985 CBC Anti-snowboarding News clip - Mt Seymour, BC
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
Clayton Bigsby

Skiing wasnt becoming more and more popular, that's why back in the day resorts such as Stevens had $10 Mon/Tues. I was talking to an older guy (60+) at work one day and he said to me that he enjoyed snowboarders, cause if it weren't for them, we would have all of these new lodges, chairs, runs etc. I know more people that have quit sking to board, then the other way around, like the old saying goes "Bored skiers, go Snowboarding".

I was trying to find a news clip from the late 80's early 90's, where the news crew was doing a story on snowboarding, it was the typical b.s., they cut in line, they're out of control, rude and then I thought I heard it all, this dumb bitch in her neon one piece ski suit said "They all look like they carry guns" ?, so from that day on it was an ongoing joke while getting suited up, we'd say goggles check, gloves check, money check and AMMO check
Clayton Bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote