Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - not sure if I made the right decision
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora View Post
Hey all, this is my first post to this website. I started snowboarding last season and decided that this season I would do a seasonal rental and brush up my skills before I stepped up to a new board. But unfortunately cyber monday got me and I wound up buying a ride arcade ul 160. I couldnt pass up the deal, but now im worried that the board may be to large for me. Im 5'11 190 lbs and a size 10.5 boot. I plan to board on and off piste and I doubt much powder seeeing as I board mostly in the northeast. Id like to work on jumping and a little park here and there. So any advice you can throw at me would be greatly appreciated. Should I return this board for a 157 of another brand of board?
Hi Sora,

I wrote this same info on another thread recently but it applies here as well.

It sounds very much like you are trying to find "the correct" cm size that you would ride in any board. I would highly suggest that you abandon that goal. At 190 lbs, size 10.5, The Arcade 160 that you purchased is a great fit. Whether or not it is the best design for you is another matter.

The tip to tip length of a board is not a valuable measurement. Every board model has been designed for a specific rider weight range and foot size range. This will vary from model to model even within a brand.

Tell us a little more about the riding you want to do and what you are working on learning.

Last edited by Wiredsport; 11-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote