Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you scared of heights?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
For me it is not a simple yes or no; it depends. While I can`t handle heights like rock climbing or even big air on a snowboard, I am a private pilot and flying in a light plane does not bother me in the least. I even enjoy performing aerobatics, zero G dives and spinning. As long as I am enclosed in a cabin and know that I am in a craft meant to fly I am fine, but you wont see me rappelling off cliffs or getting more than a few feet off of the ground on a snowboard!
Ironically I am the same but opposite. I like airs on a board, rock climbing, roofed professionally for 6 years where we often did crane work 60-100 feet up. Not to mention just walking on toe-boards on a 45degree pitch with a 40 foot gutter line is pretty unforgiving.

Flying, bungee jumping, skydiving, fuck all that scary shit. I can't fly unless I get inebriated at the airport.

I try to do a decent amount of alpine hiking, exposure scares the fuck out of me as well, I won't even hardly APPROACH the edge. If I'm strapped in however, I'll just go.

So, to the OP, its just not that simple. FWIW your job seems scary to me. I've talked to people who work on radio towers and shit, not for me either.

Oh and I have somewhat chronic/genetic vertigo, which doesn't help lol.