Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New to snowboarding, lessons? Group or private lessons
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
gjsnowboarder
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
Ya they tried getting me to go down a double black diamond as well, I didnt know what that was but we had a girl skier with us and she told me to not do it. So i didnt. So you'd say group over private for first time. i guess really the lessons are more a push in the right direction, its all about practice though
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
Ya they tried getting me to go down a double black diamond as well, I didnt know what that was but we had a girl skier with us and she told me to not do it. So i didnt. So you'd say group over private for first time. i guess really the lessons are more a push in the right direction, its all about practice though

Group lessons can sometimes be the best bang for your buck. It really comes down to group size and instructor. When the group size isn't to large a new rider can get the most input by being a mix where they can see the successes and difficulties of other students. When the group size gets larger this input can be decreased by the amount of time the student gets moving, waiting, and or individual input. A Private lesson might not necessarily change how fast one progresses initially. It will typically not flunctuated in lesson quality since there is only one student to one instructor.

By the sounds of it you have already been up the hill and able to slide. I would probably go private in your case if this is true. A Group beginner lesson for someone that can already ride a little might not be the best use of your time.
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote