Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - the 2013 Burton Genesis ReFlex Bindings...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
Supra
Veteran Member

The honest truth is no one can really say. The trump card here is personal preference. Stiff boots plus stiff board does not automatically equal diodes.
Sure, if you put the absolute softest bindings on the stiffest board, the binders will be under powered, but in this situation, I think it's splitting hairs.
In my case, I like most bindings if they can hold my foot tightly and reasonably comfortably. I just adjust to the rest of the variables.
Now, I tried the 2013 cartels and they were 'normal', same with the malavitas. Nothing worth upgrading over my 2012's. then I got on the genesis. I wasn't interested since I found them to be too expensive, especially when the cartels do a perfect job and since reflex came out, are pretty amazing. Well, the bottom line is I couldn't give them back lol. Like has been written already in this thread, they feel invisible, but give you all the support you need. they really felt like an entirely new level of tech. i shredded all day in them and didn't feel like they were too soft. I even tried to put the straps on my 2012 cartels to see if that was the reason for them feeling so good, but it wasn't just the straps, it was the whole package.
See, nowadays, most of the burton bindings are really all mountain - they can be used for anything. Buying malavitas because you do park over cartels, is mostly due to the marketing dept, since both bindings are pretty similar.
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote