Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Occupy Tahoe 2011-2012 Early Season
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
Sell the cameras and with the money buy yourselves some lessons.

Seriously riding with that little control around lots of people is genuinely dangerous and you could (and have) easily hurt yourselves and others. It could be way worse next time. If you hit the wrong person from behind you will be entering (and rightly so) a world of pain.

The editing is too choppy and no one wants to watch dangerous, irresponsible out of control riding.

Keep this edit though and hopefully in years to come you will double face plant at your past level of stupidity (I know I have).
Exactly my point.
  • Poor riding? No problem, we have all been there as beginners. Just try to keep clear of other people.
  • Making complete fools of yourself by rocking GoPros and posing for the camera while being unable to ride properly? A bit sad and embarrassing but not hurting anybody, so I could not care less. Just do not interfere with and endanger other people.
  • Drinking while riding? Generally not my thing except for the occasional beer on the lift, but as long as it is not excessive and does not affect other people I do not mind. Just do not interfere with and endanger other people.

To the OP: See the pattern here? You might get some comments about the poor riding, the shoddy editing, the prancing around with cameras (especially without knowing how to ride), and the posing with the bottle. However, most people will let you be - until you start interfering with other people and are endangering them.
And at that point the antics for and with the camera and the drinking (and its effects) go from being embarrassing/annoying to being reckless and irresponsible.
Such behavior is not cool at all and will get you a well-deserved beatdown - a virtual one on this forum and possibly a real-life one the next time you mow somebody down on the mountain.

Last edited by hktrdr; 11-27-2012 at 10:04 AM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote