Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 1985 CBC Anti-snowboarding News clip - Mt Seymour, BC
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Sincraft

well, I can tell you that , as someone that rode out east with very limited verts and slopes that were all pretty much the same with a few trees between one and the other, yes skiing got boring.

No one I knew really skied when I got older...

so I sat, and did nothing. Then one day, a co-worker told me that he snowboarded (not really, he stunk) so we went out one day, and I never looked back.

Sure, in a few years my crippling , deteriorating body will no long allow me to board......but until then I'm loving it.

Yet , I still like to ski too. Nothing like holding an edge going 60+ mph , then switching to another and yet another...but floating on a board through powder .....skis cant touch.

'round here,...there were no boards. Then one day there were a few and that's all there were for some time. They were not allowed after a year or two at our local hills, then a couple years later, they were.

People didnt like them because they USUALLY were the more asshat crowds that were hanging in packs in the middle of teh slope on their asses, doing not much of anything.

Fast forward 10 years, and things have evolved to an amazing level.

I guess its like anything, people fear change and new things. They want to beat it with a stick and go back to their cave eating whatever they clubbed earlier.

Unless it is technology for some reason. People now flock toward anything like ants to a picnic. I see people with ipads that have no idea what to do with them. Rushing to get in line to buy the new one, only to have the exact same apps and three emails a day loaded on their ipad. I dont get it. My company rolled out 1000 of these things to the sales force because 'it made them look cool and everyone else is doing it', yet they cant really figure out what they can do with them. They REALLY need a good solid small/lightweight laptop or, TADA a Windows Surface. But, we trudge on blindly like lemmings and purchase whatever the inc's throw at us, as long as there is an lcd or potentially LED screen.

Which brings me to a video outlining this very topic,...enjoy....

Sony Releases New Stupid Piece Of Shit That Doesn't Fucking Work | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network