Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Reverb Rocker, Agent Rocker, or something else?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
wvbms

Default Reverb Rocker, Agent Rocker, or something else?

5'11", 170 lbs, size 10.5 boots. I mostly ride powder (particularly trees), and on non powder days I like to ride the mountain like it's a park, but don't actually ride in the park that much. I might hit a small-medium park jump every now and then. Looking for a board that is poppy and playful, and will hold an edge on icy days. I've always owned traditional camber in the past and I'm looking to get my first hybrid camber board with rocker between the bindings. I'm looking for twin or twin-like so I can improve my switch riding this year.

I've owned a few Rome boards in the past and have been really happy with them. I'm looking to spend in the $400 range, so I'm looking at either a 2012 Agent Rocker 157 or a 2013 Reverb Rocker 157.

What are the major differences between these boards other than the Reverb being twin and the Agent twin-like? Is the Reverb softer? I normally prefer Rome boards that are a 6/10 on their flex scale, but they seem to have abandoned the number system.

I am open to suggestions other than Rome. What other hybrid camber, twin(ish) boards would you guys recommend that will offer a similar ride to these? I'm looking to stay around $400 so I may have to buy past season's model. For length, I want to be within 156-158.
wvbms is offline   Reply With Quote