Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 1985 CBC Anti-snowboarding News clip - Mt Seymour, BC
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #35 (permalink)
Sincraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
I guess skiing still has it's place, like super steep/ice covered runs where you need every ounce of effective edge possible...but then, why even bother other than to get out of the house.

There's gotta be a reason you rarely see skiers in really deep powder (at least around here). It probably takes a relative lifetime to be learn to manage all that equipment flailing around in anything over 2 feet deep (or even less). A snowboard is made for that shit. Those shapeless, backseat 80s boards obviously sucked on hardpack, but probably worked in pow (not that any of those boring conservatives in the vid would know....they most likely never ventured off groomers)
Most of the conservatives I know go pretty big. They work hard and play hard too. Most of the people back then were families. Mixed across political bands. Yea you had some younger guys that would let it rip, but not like today. You see alot more solo riding today than ever before. And I've been doing this a long time...
Dont let the verbiage conservative fool you. Just because they dont want 50% of their efforts going toward another person who sits around all day watching the tv with no intentions to contribute to society, doesnt mean they are boring.