Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Diode or Cartel est
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Liveeight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
You have a $1500 board and are not sure why you would or would not want stiff bindings?

That's like saying I just bought a Porsche but I'm not sure if I want to put summer or winter tires on it...

Just because the Mystery has a fast base, doesn't mean you can make it go fast.

Reminds me of a kid I met on the slopes when I was an instructor. He had a Burton Method with C60 bindings and Burton SL boots... easily over $2000... and he fucking hated it. I couldn't help but get a lil chuckle out of it.

Stiff bindings are for carving and high response at high speeds. Choosing a stiff binding due to it's weight is the wrong decision to make. Choose a stiff binding, like the Diode, if you have a stiff board and want instant response at the cost of cushioning and flex.

The mystery is a 5/10 in flex but directional, so not a true freestyle board. I would say the Cartels would be great, but if you have to blow some cash the Genesis would be a better bet than the Diodes.
I get your point here thanks for clearing some of my issues. I have only been snowboarding for 3 years with only 3 trips to New Zealand in that time so i do not class myself as a expert snowboarder.

I think ill stick with my cartels and see how they run on the mystery, if i feel i want a stiffer binding then ill just buy some in Niseko Japan as long as they are not crazy expensive. If anyone has had to buy some snowboard gear in Japan some input here would be greatly appreciated on expected pricing.

Last edited by Liveeight; 11-27-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Liveeight is offline   Reply With Quote