Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Splitboarding, a question?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
mhaas

Do it man. i split one of my old boards this fall and it turned out great. I messed up a bit with the cut(not my saw, unfamiliar with it) but it still turned out solid. Skinning sure beats snowshoes or bootpacking it. It makes the touring part actually somewhat enjoyable.

Its a good way to see if the splitboard is really the way you want to go without spending alot of money. I spent like $250 for the kit, supplies and skins.

I dont find the bindings/with plates to be too heavy(not that i have anything to compare it to) but it would be nice to have a dedicated set for both the solid and split so i wouldnt have to change them out so often.

The DYI is nice cuz you can take pride in the fact that you created such a nifty device that levels the playing field with the two plank wankers in the BC. I am however still a bit skeptical about its longterm durablity but I got 4 days with it so far and no signs of wear.
mhaas is offline   Reply With Quote