Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - do you have knee problems?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
SnowRock
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well.... we are getting a little bit of snow here in the northeast, especially in northwest jersey where my commute began this morning. So while that is great news, my meeting with my Ortho yesterday as a follow-up to my MRI was not so hot. He is 95% certain that my ACL is torn, or that my old graft is basically shot and just hanging on... oh and my meniscus is torn as well (which is what I expected).

Since there is no single event that happened which I can recall this re-tear of my ACL, he told me if I wanted to try and ride this winter and schedule the surgery for April to give it a shot. I was on a surf trip at the beginning of the month, just rode 15 miles on my mt bike Saturday so he thinks its about pain management and that if I feel something get noticeably worse, call it quits and head in for the surgery early.

Going to see if I can upgrade my brace (with some insurance $$) and going to get into a good routine with some ball/balance exercises and give the season a whirl.
SnowRock is offline   Reply With Quote