Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone been to Killington?

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  surfinsnow 
#1 ·
Planning to go to Killington sometime in February.

In terms of big East Coast mountains I have been to Tremblant, Smuggs and Jay Peak.

How does Killington compare to the mountains above?

I also do not ride any park. Just wondering if its worth making the trip.

Thanks

#4 ·
I find that Killington is kinda wide and while it has 1 really long trail, for freeriding it is not the best around. The terrain is a little more spread out than I would like. My pick would by Jay if you had a choice.

My REAL vote is for Sugarloaf... :thumbsup: Greatest acreage and steepest terrain east of the Rockies.

#7 ·
Right, i was going by overall acreage which is 3,000 according to their website but obviously it's not all developed. Sugarloaf has more trails- and it's a far better place to ride.

#8 ·
thanks for all the input but i forgot to mention that I am going with a group on a bus so Sugarbush is out of the question.However it does sound like a place that I would like to visit on my own.

I also will be going mid week to avoid the crowds on the weekend.

just wondering if its worth going or if i should just save my money.

#9 ·
Killy is fine for a bus trip. You get a variety of terrain, and, honestly, if you catch it on a snowy day, there are some great runs! If you're staying for a day or two, town is a blast, even midweek.

If it is a snowy day, do laps off the SuperStar Quad. Ovation, Skylark, Nowhere, Somewhere, and all the trees in between are great runs when the fluffy fluff is falling. Also, wander back to bear mountain. Everyone is a park rat out that way, so the side trails and trees are often quite tasty. Though Canyon Quad is slow as eff, you can get some good runs on Big Dipper...just go deeper into the woods and wear a helmet.

#20 ·
There is NO COMPARISON. Jay is known for its trees. Killington is known for whiny New Yorkers. Jay Peak will challenge you at any skill level, and when the sun goes down and the lifts close, you can go surfing indoors.

Sadly, not much open yet, even at Jay. We just spent the weekend at Stowe, and there is no natural snow yet. We have a weekend booked at Jay at the end of January. Should be good snow by then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.