Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ride Bindings for a Big Guy
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
I've seen several reviews that say Ride bindings are not very durable. The most common problems are the straps and ladders coming loose easily, and the rubber material busting/popping out on the toe straps.

One of my friends has had a pair though for a few years and so far hasn't had any problems with them, so...lucky him!

Some of the best brands for bindings are Flux, Union, Burton, Salomon, and Drake.

Check those out. They are much higher quality than Ride and will definately last a lot longer!
Really? Throwin Drake in there?

Ride bindings are not low quality. Sure the rubber mesh in the toes can break, but it really doesn't do much and if it wasn't there at all the toe strap would still function well.

I'd venture a guess your experienced friends either haven't touched Flow's in 6-7 years, or they have and never got them set up right, or they haven't tried them ever and are just repeating the opinions of the past. They are fantastic bindings and ride great.

If you do wanna stick with Ride I would suggest the Capo. You're bigger, you're going to flex that binding more than most of us.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote