Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Friends of the PNW free BC training?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ale_Capone

Default Friends of the PNW free BC training?

This is coming on the heels of last years terrible avi season at stevens passs, and the mini explosion of new BC riders. I've gotten a several messages recently from guys who are understandably excited to get out this year. I'll end up setting up something impromptu, but i'd like to maybe organise something and get others involved.

This may be more aimed at Killclimbz, mainly because I highly admire Gary and the things he does to promote safe splitboarding out of the goodness of his heart, but I am interested in trying to set up something like FOBP. A non profit orginization aimed at getting people trained and safely touring in the stevens pass and the other PNW areas for free. figured I'd ask publicly incase someone else was thinking of simular.

at this point there are a few low cost and free options through the mountaineers, and other group orginazations, but you have to join said group... or commit time with SAR.

I see the question of reliable training pop up all the time. Money always seems to come into question. economics should not be in issue. I love snow. winter, snowboarding, splitboarding, and just plain digging and playing in the snow.I want to continue to share that with out profiting finacially. The profit is spiritual.

I'm mostly interested in knowing about the structuring and the business end. I've got the resources as far as trained and over-qualified friends... who would be interested in leanding a hand.

GAry? Anybody? what do ye think?
Ale_Capone is offline   Reply With Quote