Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Banff Area Riding
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Loves2splooge

Default Banff Area Riding

Hi guys - I'm new to the forum and to Calgary in general. Moved here from the snow mecca that isn't London, England a couple of months ago and have basically been counting the days to the first dump. Spent the last three weekends consecutively at Sunshine as that's where some friends have their season pass so I've been doing a little exploring, while teaching my other half how to ride from scratch. I hear that Goats Eye has opened this week so I'm looking forward to checking out some of the vert there but we're probably going to head to Louise on Friday.

Anyway, my brother and buddy are visiting for Christmas and new year. We've been riding for 12 years and spent a few seasons in the French Alps and one in whistler - so pretty advanced. I'd appreciate any advice on the best gladed runs, powder stashes and anything else that would make their trip out here memorable.

We've got a cabin in Canmore from 26th Dec for a week so if anyone has got any suggestions on good places for beers etc in the evening it would be nice - plus maybe any NYE destinations?

The weekend after we've booked a days cat riding at castle - very excited about that.

Cheers.

Mike
Loves2splooge is offline   Reply With Quote