Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TR: DrnknZag's First Split Adventure
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I am seeing this in splitboarding as well. Some "hardcore" splitboarders are starting to have this elitist attitude and look down their noses at resort riders.

Funny thing is I've seen it the other way too. I've heard 'hardcore' resort riders talk about how back country skiers can't be good since they only do two runs a day. That was heated gondola ride fo sho, I think it was 6 skiers (mixed tele and alpine) and me. I just sat there with my ear buds in pretending to rock out and try to not laugh....

The dude I mentioned in the post before even said that about mountain bikers (when I told him I mtb but I am too cheap to pay for lift ticket for my bike) he said "well, you're never gonna get good that way. You can't get enough runs in. Just like back country skiers"

OMG I'll never be a PRO mtn biker. I will go sob in my coffee now I guess.

I don't know what it is but I seem to attract freaks like moths to a flame. I need to stop riding the singles line, I swear. I should start a "over heard in the gondola" twitter account!

Last edited by mixie; 11-27-2012 at 06:51 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote