Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Herniated disc, I hope
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Noreaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
My job has messed up my back good. I see a chiropractor to keep it in alignment and this has helped.

I am now at the point that the damage has started to compress my discs causing continuous pain and discomfort. I am now using traction and will be purchasing an inversion table to help reduce the compression of my disks.

I don't recommend drugs unless you must. As all they do is mask the pain, making you think you can move around more than your body should. Pain is the bodies protector, it tells you something is wrong and you shouldn't be doing that.

Stretching is a great thing as well. As we age (45 here) we loose more flexibility than muscle mass. Getting on a solid stretching program may help after you are healed.

Not sure this helped or not
Thanks, great suggestions all.

Got my MRI this afternoon and waiting for results. I can move a little better and even sit today though and that gives me hope that the injury isn't as bad as I initially thought. Going to see my physical therapist in a couple of days and discuss all possible short and long term rehab options, also seeing acupuncturist at the end of the week.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote