Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Splitboarding, a question?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr3yu View Post
Well since this topic ended up sparking more interest that I anticipated I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on boards I should be keeping my eyes out for over the up coming season? I am thinking of trying to finding something with some sort of hybrid camber at least. Clearly I am not going to be to super picky as I will just be deal hunting, but knowing what to look for would be good ^_^
considering that you will weigh 10-20lbs heavier with a backpack/shovel/probe and there are no groomers in the backcountry you're gonna wanna size up 3-8cms or so for more float. hybrid camber like ns or lib works well for adding some float while maintaining good edge hold, magnetraction, etc. are good in the bc for sure...burton boards can be a bitch to cut i hear cuz they have a metal insert pack to cut thru, but it can be/is done. hybrid cambers like jones with camber underfoot and raised tips works also...with more and more split-specific bindings coming out you will see deals on used sparks and karakorums if you keep an eye on splitboard.com and maybe tgr/etc.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote