Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Union, Yes, Republic, Oakley, Anon, Nitro, Burton, Foursquare
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
djjimmyhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Just tried to change a title of my threads and I can't figure it out either.

I guess the biggest help for me would be the first post being in a bold list of what's for sale and the price, followed by details about each item. Pics can go in extra posts that's fine. Number the list and then number the pics to make it easy. When something sells edit your original post to show it sold.

Like this: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ltek-coal.html
Once again I appreciate the input. Here are my initial thoughts after looking at that thread you pointed me to.

1) He only has a few things for sale. Meaning if you have 8-10 items or less than you can attach one picture per item, numbered and then give more pictures later on in the thread but if you have more than that number you still have to reply to your own post to add more pics, even if you're only going with a conservative one at a time.

2) Without being able to change the title of your thread there is no way to accurately describe what is in each for sale thread. An example: I just posted up a Nike Bellevue that was for sale. I only had one Nike Jacket. It has now sold. Without being able to mod the original title I am unable to accurately represent what still lies in wait for anyone that chooses to click on that thread. There is no longer a Nike for sale. On other forums I am able to remove the Nike from the title.

3) In the thread you pointed me to someone can assume there is a Coal item for sale since it is in the header although if he sells his Coal item and wants to sell a Smith helmet for example he can't change to let anyone know that there is a Smith helmet in there. That would logically make him create another for sale thread. (otherwise why would someone, not interested in the brands listed in the title, reopen his thread?)

4) Just like I was doing this gentleman listed each item individually as being a specific price "shipped" yet never states if that is within the continental US. I am not knocking him but just stating that I think most on here assume this fact.

Once again I appreciate the feedback. Just wondering why this board isn't as "smart" to navigate as 2 other major competitors....
djjimmyhat is offline   Reply With Quote