Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Splitboarding, a question?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
atr3yu
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
considering that you will weigh 10-20lbs heavier with a backpack/shovel/probe and there are no groomers in the backcountry you're gonna wanna size up 3-8cms or so for more float. hybrid camber like ns or lib works well for adding some float while maintaining good edge hold, magnetraction, etc. are good in the bc for sure...burton boards can be a bitch to cut i hear cuz they have a metal insert pack to cut thru, but it can be/is done. hybrid cambers like jones with camber underfoot and raised tips works also...with more and more split-specific bindings coming out you will see deals on used sparks and karakorums if you keep an eye on splitboard.com and maybe tgr/etc.
Cool, thanks Shedlife, yeah NS is for sure on the list, though they keep their value too well for me to find a smoking deal I think..... won't stop me from trying that's for sure! I totally forgot about LT so I'll keep my eye open! I have also been considering Ride Slack Country, Highlife and a Capita Charlie Slasher or BSOD. I'll keep my eyes on splitboard.com for sure, but what is tgr??
atr3yu is online now   Reply With Quote