Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Ride Buckwild discussion

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  wick3dtrixx 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about picking this board up, wanted to see what you guys had to say about it. From what I'm hearing, it sounds like a great all-mountain board, with the overall performance leaning slightly more to the park side of things.

Anyone know if this thing can hold an edge well? I coach middle to high schoolers, and while there is a big emphasis on park riding, the program requires we expose them to ALL types of riding, meaning that we spend a solid amount of time perfecting our edge control, carving, etc. Plus, I'm a speed demon and need something that's going to hold up at high speed. I don't mind a few chatters, I just don't want the thing to explode on me if I get moving.

I'm coming off riding a Rome Agent. Comparison for you.

I ride 60% park. Northeast. Not too much powder.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Thought i'd hop on here rather than starting my own thread.

I'm also keen to here any reviews on the Buckwild from an all mountain perspective as opposed to park. Particularly how it handles charging down steeper reds/blacks, carving and how it handles in pow.

My reasons for asking are i'm doing my first season and my BASI 2 instructor qualification and am currently riding a NS Evo (which i LOOOOOOOVE) but would like something more all mountain focused.

Now i know everyone's going to jump on saying it's a park board why not try a Blacklist, Proto etc etc well i can get a 40% discount and won't be forking out anymore $$$ for a new board.

I've also got a Capita TFA but i just can't get used to it after riding my lovely Evo.

#4 ·
It's a great board and definitely capable in the park. But it's a bit on the stiffer side. Great for jumps and even charging but I wouldn't recommend it for rails or jibbing. It can do it but there are better options for that. If you don't go crazy on these I can recommend the Buckwild.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.