Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Thief ousted- Gunnar Thorngren
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #45 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I've mentioned this before, and it may be a Canada only thing but I carry the "Ski Key" lock everywhere. Every mountain I've ever been to in Canada has them, and I'm pretty sure the mountains I've hit in VT and NH had them too...

Just checked their site and they're based in Whistler, so maybe they don't have full integration in the US yet? The resorts have to buy their racks from them, or make something similar themselves I guess?

I lock my board every time it's out of my site. Even if I'm just heading inside to take a 1 minute leak...
I really wish those were the norm around Co. I have seen them, at Breck maybe? Monarch? Don't remember where...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post
I fucking HATE thieves, so this is a GREAT ending to this story. It will get plea bargained down to just about nothing, especially for the juvenile, but at least now Gunnar isn't going to be able to find work anywhere they do a background check.
Kind of a double edged sword there. Kid goes to jail, gets out broke, can't get a job, goes right back to stealing. Except now he's better at it because he just spent a bunch of time with hard core criminals.

I am glad they caught the little puke, I would think that Co is pretty harsh on stuff like this. The resorts wield a lot of power around there, and anything that effects the bottom line, like it not being safe for tourists, would be dealt with severely. StreetDoc, keep us informed of the proceedings, I'd be interested to see what the little shit gets.