Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Dakine snowboard locks

11K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Jed 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just trying to decide between these two locks at the moment:

DAKINE Cam Lock
DAKINE Key Lock

I like the Cam Lock but the 50-inch cable seems a bit too long compared to a retractable cable. We just need the lock as a basic deterrent which will be used on two snowboards.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers.

#2 ·
I use an older Dakine code lock that is similar to the key lock you posted. Its small enough that I can put it in a pocket without being bulky. I'm sure if someone was motivated enough they could break it and take the board but its enough of a deterrent that they'd probably look for an easier target. It does what it should.

#7 ·
Thanks guys. I just had a look at the Dakine Cool Lock which is a retractable combo lock.

Have you guys had any issues though like not being able to unlock the combination lock while the board was attached to a rack? That's why I was considering a key lock over a combo one although combo locks look much more convenient. Ta.

#10 ·
I have, use and like the ski key.

The disadvantage is that your resort has to have the appropriate racks. They're common enough in the East, but I'm led to believe they're less so in the West.

The other downside is that there are less board slots per rack than ski slots so you might have to hunt around for a free slot to use.

You can fit 2 boards base to base in a slot and just use one key.

#11 ·
Generally, the most portable, smallest lock you can find is the best lock to have.

Any wire cutter can cut through nearly all the snowboard locks you can buy, but no thief is going to steal a locked snowboard when there's 50 unlocked snowboards next to it.

Any standard small combination lock is fine, this is probably the most popular type you'll find around ski resorts:

Photo by snomie • Instagram

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.