Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Union, Yes, Republic, Oakley, Anon, Nitro, Burton, Foursquare
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #34 (permalink)
djjimmyhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yeah sorry I guess that thread wasn't such a good example. I'm a member of a Toyota MR2 forum where people part out cars all in one thread. Could be 30+ items in a single thread. Title isn't that important (they would usually say something like "Partout: MKI MR2 RHD, located in NY" or something...) but the important part was the first post being a list of everything for sale, prices, and sold status.

Anyway, a worthy debate methinks! I've been on many many forums over the years and each seems to have their own ups and downs to the system. This one's not bad...
I hear what you're saying. I don't think this one is that bad either
I think unfortunately this forum lends itself to people creating more than one thread because even with a useless title like "bobby sue's magical emporium" as soon as I've clicked on it once and determined there is nothing there I want I will never reopen it. Now if you could somehow let people know that it has been updated with new items I may. This is how a lot of other forums are set up (as I'm sure you know).

I'm also a member of a few car forums but my poison is VW's. I've seen the part out threads and even had a couple myself. Just a thought. I was parting out a '91 mk2 GTI that had serious mods to the engine, interior, suspension, wheels etc. It was my play toy. During this part out I also had a '98 mk3 GTI that was lightly modded as a daily. I flipped the supercharger I had on it and the coilovers which I would have been massacred if I had listed those parts in the original '91 mk2 part out thread. Again just a thought....

You've definitely encouraged me to always have whatever is still for sale in the first post and I thank you for that. As far as not having multiple threads? Well that one is a little tougher.......
djjimmyhat is offline   Reply With Quote