Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Good Starter Snowboard
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryFire View Post
Thanks everyone! I think I am going to buy the Burton Custom Flying V board! I am not too concerned as per the budget for my board although I'm wondering if any bindings and boots will work or if I have to check a compatibility list or something! I will be shopping around tomorrow for some boots and bindings! I couldn't be any more excited to get going on the mountain! What would be a good size of board for me, I weigh in at 163lbs and roughly 5' 10.5". I have no extra visible body fat as well. Not sure if all that matters but when I was reading a few sizing charts I seen waist width, etc. Thanks again for all the help everyone! As for the reason I quit was mostly because of how often I got to go boarding since I couldn't drive at the time.
A new custom flying V will use Burton's proprietary binding attachment system called the channel, which then works best with the right binding system, which is EST bindings. How much better is debatable. You can get non-EST bindings and put them on that board with a conversion plate if you want, which means that if you later got a board without the channel you wouldn't have to replace the bindings.

Personally I recommend that you get the EST bindings to go with the board, I like the system as it is infinitely and easily adjustable. Some complain that it can slip, I have not had this problem.

Boots shouldn't be a problem in terms of compatibility.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote