Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Thief ousted- Gunnar Thorngren
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #69 (permalink)
Easto

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
I'm going to look into this next time I'm up there. I would be satisified if the kid gets probation, a fine, fired from his job in the snowboard industry, and is banned from the mountain. I'm not sure how to respond to Christy's email yet, I feel the kid should be fired. I'm almost positive he's going to get off in court because that's the nature of the beast but if he keeps his job I'll be pretty upset.
What you could do is bring all the court documents etc with the kids name and allegations to the mountain. Ask to speak to a manager. Present him with all the documents and ask if they can trespass him from the hill indefinitely. It's private property so the owner or an agent of the property can trespass whoever they want.

If I was the owner I wouldn't want a thief on my property targeting honest users of the hill.

This kid steals my board and now I have no board. Means I won't be coming back to the mountain. I won't be purchasing lift tickets, won't be buying food, won't be buying lodging.

Not only is the owner of the board losing out, but the mountain losses a customer who no longer has a board and can't board (spend money at the hill). Not everyone can go buy new stuff, or have insurance, or $50 bucks to rent everyday.