Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help with Colorado trip
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
neednsnow
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Gonzalo,

Good work trying to research. No problem with your English. The Epic pass will get you access to a number of resorts......in Colorado: Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail, Beaver Creek, and (I believe Arapahoe Basin) In California: Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood.

If you want cheap and a couple of resorts, you'll want to do Lake Tahoe. Fly into Reno, catch a shuttle from the airport and stay in South Lake Tahoe, ride Heavenly and catch an occasional day-shuttle to Kirkwood or Northstay. South Lake Tahoe is a great party and he visual beauty of this area is pretty spectacular.

That being said, Colorado is also gorgeous. If you're focused on Colorado, the resorts aren't too easily accessible. There are 5 epic pass resorts in the area, but they can be up to 50 minutes from one to the other...(Which is also how far it is from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood or Northstar) There are also shuttles that will take you from one to the other. I would suggest staying in Breckenridge....that's the main party town. Vail has some parties, but not quite like Breckenridge. Avon......I can't say that thats much of a party town. There will be bars, but if you want Ski and nightlife then you'll want either Breckenridge or South Lake Tahoe in CA.

IF you have the balls and the money, spend some time in Tahoe, then fly into Colorado, then fly back to South America.

Last edited by neednsnow; 11-28-2012 at 08:55 PM.
neednsnow is offline   Reply With Quote